Google

Friday, February 22, 2008

Cheapest VoIP Phone in Canada

Cheapest VoIP Phone in Canada

by John Mathon


Vbuzzer Internet Phone Review - Cheapest VoIP Phone in Canada

Recently I received an email from a Canadian internet phone service provider Vbuzzer http://www.vbuzzer.com/, in the email they were offering a Toronto internet phone at $25 per year, the offer gives you a Toronto phone number and unlimited calling capacity to some Greater Toronto Areas. The price is no doubt excellent, only half of vbuzzer's regular price, and so far the cheapest among all other VoIP service providers. Maybe the only comparable is Skype, who offers $30 a year unlimited US & Canada calling; this time Vbuzzer offers almost a complete local phone service at $25 a year.

Being a BuzzOut user for more than a year, Vbuzzer gives me pretty good impression, the service is overall very reliable, voice quality is good, especially from 3 months ago the calls get connected faster and voice clearer. Although I don't quite need an extra Toronto 416 number, $25/year price tag melt my resistance. So I signed up the service, and bought a cheap unlocked Linksys PAP2 from a local vendor, the installation worked out smoothly. Surprisingly, when I dial the new BuzzMe number, both Vbuzzer Messenger and Linksys PAP2 ring, soon after I pick up one, the other stopped ringing - Vbuzzer guys made quite some improvement on their service. Good job Vbuzzer!

Other feature I like is the new call forward feature, Vbuzzer adds a few good conditions on their call forwarding, such as busy forward, timeout forward etc., much better than the old "either or" type of call forward. The page of Canada Internet Phone Service can be found here http://www.vbuzzer.com/ld/calltoronto.php

If I have to scale both Vbuzzer and Skype from 1 to 10, I would give Vbuzzer 9 and Skype 7. I do like Skype but now I stopped using Skype, Skype is much more expensive and didn't provide better quality. For those who are seeking Skype alternatives, I highly recommend to try Vbuzzer, you can find vbuzzer at http://www.vbuzzer.com/

No comments:

VoIP